All Ears? Developing a formative and summative feed-forward tool
This project developed an online CPD tool that shows how to create video assessment feedback using Screencast-O-Matic.
Read the final report to find out how this approach reduced staff marking time whilst improving the quality, quantity and focus of feedback provided to learners.
USE THESE RESOURCES TO LEARN HOW TO…
- Use Screencast-O-Matic to provide targeted feedback to students;
- Change the qualitative nature of feedback;
- Improve student perception and use of feedback.
“Students don’t understand the nuances within written feedback, whereas when they listen to our voices and the way we talk things through, they find out exactly what we are trying to get across to them.”
“I prefer this feedback rather than written feedback as it is more personal to me and my writing. I can listen to the feedback over and over again to get the next part right.”
The ‘All Ears?’ module includes:
- Guidance on downloading and using the software;
- Exemplar video assessment feedback;
- Comments from staff and students involved in the project;
- A summary of useful resources.
DOWNLOAD SOURCE FILES
Head of Learning Resources
Telephone: 0161 785 4000