Abingdon & Witney College
This project focused on helping teachers to build confidence in their own technical and professional networking skills, showing teachers how to use and become proficient with LinkedIn and how to transfer those skills to students.
Use the interactive final report to learn how staff were supported to develop their skills and to use them with 60 students to create over 3000 new Linkedin connections, 10 work experience placements, 7 new guest employer lectures and 2 job offers.
- Explain why having a Linkedin profile is important to students;
- Create CPD events about professional profiles for staff, students and employers;
- Use and tailor your own Linkedin profile template;
- Develop professional contacts with employers;
- Support students to make professional links for work experience and employment opportunities that better matches their skills and aspirations.
The Project Lead provides an overview of the project
“Both colleges are planning to embed the training into our core skills programmes for staff and students so that it becomes business as usual and part of every student’s and lecturer’s learning.”
Assistant Principal, Abingdon & Witney College
DOWNLOAD SOURCE FILES
If you have access to Moodle, you can tailor the course to your own needs by restoring the backup file into your own installation.
Moodle course backup file